Our Chalet Cookery School at Chalet Nichoir
Our alpine chalet cookery course is operated and run from Chalet Nichoir in La Plagne 1800, high enough so you can practise your cake making skills properly!
The chalet has wonderful views, a good space for the course to run and lots of outdoor space. It’s also run as a catered chalet in the winter by our parent company, Skibug.
We will show you everything from table laying to budgeting and food preparation, covering all aspects of running an efficient chalet cooking 3-4 course dishes every single day.
How does it work?
Our course is structured around a real chalet routine to maximise learning. We boast the most cooking time over any cooking course found in the Alps, as we cook with our students every single day.
What’s better is that you will eat everything you make, from scrumptious afternoon cakes to mouth watering evening canapés.
We are one of the very few Chalet Cookery Schools to provide you with a Food and Hygiene Certificate LEVEL 2 on the completion of our courses.
- 6 days expert tuition from ‘seasonnaires’ with many seasons of experience.
- 7 nights alpine accommodation on a sharing basis
- Kir Royale and canapés on first evening
- All meals during the week except Wednesday evening (includes breakfast, lunch and evening meal)
- Bed linen and towels
- FREE WIFI in the chalet
- FREE airport transfer
- Tutored Wine tasting
- Chalet Cookery School bible to take away with you (all the information taught on the course and more to help run your chalet to its maximum potential)
- A course certificate and reference (if required) on completion of the course by our course runners
- Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering Certificate LEVEL 2
- CV writing and cover letter assistance (if required)
- Flights to and from Geneva airport
- Travel and Personal Insurance
- Activity costs during spare time on Wednesday afternoon
- Wednesday dinner at local restaurant ( less than 20 euros required)
- Honesty Bar bills