When flying from the United Kingdom to the Chalet Cookery School your best option is to use Geneva airport which is served by the following airlines:
British Airways, Flybe, easyJet, Aer Lingus, or Jet2.
Airport Transfers – Chalet Cookery School
We offer shared transfers from Geneva Airport to Chalet Nichoir and back as part of the course.
Please read the following information below and liaise with The Chalet Cookery School on + 44 0800 1777 754 before booking your travel arrangements for your stay with us at Chalet Nichoir.
All student transfers to Chalet Nichoir depart from Geneva Airport each Saturday at 16.00 local time. Please ensure, when booking your flights, to allow sufficient time for any possible delays and for baggage clearance and immigration controls at the airport.
At the end of the Chalet Cookery School course, departing students will leave Chalet Nichoir on Saturday morning at 09.30 arriving at Geneva airport at midday. When booking your flights, please ensure that your departure is scheduled to leave Geneva anytime after 14.00.
Drive yourself to the Chalet Cookery School
Some students may prefer the convenience of taking their own car to the French Alps. This is a particularly popular for those seeking to experience the pleasure of driving on well maintained highways that are, compared to the UK, mainly uncluttered by heavy volumes of traffic.
Remember: When travelling alone the cost of taking a car to the French Alps can be considerably more expensive than flying.
By Ferry or Euro Tunnel
If you are taking your car to France you have the option of using the cross-Channel ferries or the faster Euro Tunnel Le Shuttle. Prices for crossing the Channel using either option vary depending on whether you travel in high or low season and how far ahead you book.
In order to try and assist you – Skibug offers you the following well tried and tested route to the French Alps.
- From Calais, follow the A26 to St Quentin, and continue onto Reims.
- Then onto Troyes
- From Troyes – continue onto the A5 which then merges onto the A31 towards Dijon
- From here look out to merge onto the A6 towards Macon
- Several kms outside of Lyon, you will see signs for the A46, take this turn and follow this highway until it merges into the A432
- Stay on this road until you reach the A43 and take this towards Chambery
- Continue on the A43 in the direction of Albertville
- Continue on the A43 after it becomes the A430 to Albertville
- This road will become the N90 towards Moutiers
- Upon reaching Moutiers, continue on the N90 towards Aime
- When you reach Aime, follow the signs to la Plagne
- Travel up all 21 hairpin bends and take a right at the roundabout towards Plagne Centre
- Continue for about 500m, you will see the green sign for Chalet Nichoir on the right and soon after is a small carpark on the left where you can park your car for FREE
- Check in is after 6pm and Check out is before 9.30am